Human Capital and Training Solutions (HCaTS)
Have a chat with a COE Key Personnel POC today!
Rob Schildwachter | Vice President, Finance and Operations | (240) 361-9231 | Email Rob
You may visit the GSA portal website at http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100378
Human Capital and Training Solutions (HCaTS) is a strategically sourced, government-wide, multiple-award, indefinite-delivery indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle. The General Services Administration (GSA) is responsible for contract administration, in partnership with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). HCaTS provides agencies with a flexible and reliable acquisition tool for obtaining customized training and development, human capital strategy, and organizational performance improvement services.
Who can use HCaTS?
HCaTS is available to all federal agencies (CONUS and OCONUS).
Task Order Types
Fixed-Price (all types), Cost-Reimbursement (all types), Time-and-Materials, and Labor-Hour.
COE was awarded as a Large Business under Pool 1 and Pool 2. Our HCaTS Contract Numbers are:
- Pool 1 — GS02Q16DCR0032
- NAICS codes: 611430, 611699, and 624310
- Pool 2 — GS02Q16DCR0070
- NAICS codes: 541611, 541612, 541613, 541618, and 611710
Key Service Areas
HCaTS is organized into three (3) Key Service Areas (KSA):
- KSA 1 - Customized Training and Development Services. KSA 1 includes training that is developed and/or delivered to any Federal employee to enhance knowledge, skills and abilities related to a specific title, series, and/or function on any subject matter or general knowledge. KSA 1 also includes course or instructional program administration and customized employee development services provided to any Federal employee to develop and/or enhance their general, mission-specific, management, and/or leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- KSA 2 - Customized Human Capital Strategy Services. KSA 2 covers a broad range of human capital and human resource (HR) services including HR strategy, organizational and position management, staff acquisition, performance management, compensation management (excluding payroll), HR development, employee relations, labor relations, and separation management.
- KSA 3 - Customized Organizational Performance Improvement. KSA 3 is centered around improving performance requiring changes in how people are organized around business processes, changes to the processes themselves, and the tools created to support those processes, as well as changes in management practices.
COE Capabilities under HCaTS
The Center for Organizational Excellence, Inc. (COE) is a trusted partner in helping clients transform their organizations and programs to more efficiently and effectively accomplish their mission. We help our clients achieve meaningful and measurable outcomes through organizational effectiveness, human capital, workforce planning, and technology consulting solutions. COE is dedicated to providing innovative, sustainable solutions that increase our Federal agency clients' efficiency and effectiveness and that endure long after we are gone. COE solution areas under this vehicle include:
- Human Capital Management
- Transition Management
- Knowledge and Competency Management
- Strategic Planning and Alignment
- Data Analytics
- Business Process Improvement and Reengineering
- Organizational Assessment and Transformation
COE Key Personnel POC Information
Vice President, Finance and Operations
DUNS Number: 148041890
There are no sustainability disclosures.